Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My new toy, my Pentax K110D, got to say I'm loving the instant results you get with a digital SLR, but I do wish that they had simplified it some more, I'd like a proper meter, a split focus screen, and a dial on the back I can set to emulate K25,K64,K200,gold 100,200,400,T-max, and T-pan...ect.. Leave the complex menu crap out and emulate a K1000. It would be perfect!

That said, the kit lens is useable but noting to be impressed with. I've stocked my Kit with an M28/2.8, M50/2.0, M135/3.5 and M200/4 Old glass kicks ass, you just have to learn to meter for yourself, there is no help from the body. Toss in a couple old Focal primes of surprising quality and a 2X teleconverter and we are in business.

Next up I plan to hunt down a used K100D for a spare, and hopefully next year upgrade to a K10D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers