Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Childhood dreaming

I became obsessed with photography at an early age, from the time I was about five I had some kind of camera in my hand a string of less than spectacular Kodak 110's and ancient garage sale 126's passed through my hands in the mid 80's before I switched to cheap plastic fixed lens 35mm's.

I dreamed about an SLR, the unatainable dream for a pre teen fixated on photography, the glorious luxury of being able to compose through the lens of the camera. A chance encounter with a very complete, though now I know very limited early 60's Kodak outfit was the closest I came for years.

amazingly, I was in my late teens before my first SLR came into my life, a 70's era Minolta X-370. It survived and thrived for a decade of College classes, vacations, and Railfanning, which is about the most dangerous occupation for a consumer SLR, I gathered up a fair selection of glass for it, though nothing spectacular. And along the way managed to kill an CG-7 and a second X370 Body before switching to more robust Pentax Bodies, and thats where I'll take up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers