Thursday, May 7, 2009

Welcome to my Blog, Day 1: May 7th 2009.

Not that I believe any great number of people will bother to read it, but as the entire rest of the planet seems to be blogging. I decided to jump feet first into the arena and start one for myself.

I've been a student of history all my life, not so much of historical figures and there personalities, but more so of what people have created, human life is fleeting. Brief moments of existence passing by in a flash of time. What they left us, however can be preserved for future generations and learned from. I like the stuff people made in the past too, old stuff is usually better, wood and steel and craftsman ship have been replaced by computer design and cost cutting.


So in this blog, letters from nowhere, you might read about just about anything. But expect me to talk about companies that maintain a living link to the glory days of western industry, about cycling and vintage bicycles (1960's to 1980's) Farming, with my focus on history and equipment and the occasional foray into anything from vintage phones to model trains. I also have an interest in Photography and transportation, anything from bridges to Railroads to great lakes freighters.

I admit I'm crazy and not the greatest success in the financial arena, my best course in life would have been to hide in some university using my limited gifts to go as far as I could in education. However that course is closed to me due to financial restrains. So off we go.

RNW

P.S. This blog is first and foremost about meeting life face first, no matter if you triumph or fail there is no exit button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers