Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Bike of the Month.

Back in the day, I always thought of Peugeot's as something special. All the bicycle shops were either Schwinn, (The overwhelming majority) Raleigh or Peugeot, or sometimes a combination of all three. The only one I ever remember seeing as a kid was a P6 that I owned, won in a bike-a-thon for Saint Jude's hospital, and I seriously doubt I'd have ever had a 10 speed had I not won one. When I got into Bicycles for real I of course set out to look for Peugeots, and I've ended up with several. I also learned about the difficulties of fixing and finding parts built to French standards!

This is the latest out, a '74 Peugeot PR-10, 2nd in line from the immortal PX. As Peugeot's go it's not bad, (workmanship could easily range from decent to clearly intoxicated..... )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers